Thursday, August 27, 2009

Term 3 Week 9

Home Section page B6
Call us, helplines urge troubled teens

1a) List two reasons why teens are reluctant to call helplines despite the promise of anonymity and professional help.
Students from secondary three to four would mostly choose to tell their secerets to their friends,parents,siblings,
b) According to Ms Lily Chu, how does Touch Leadership and Mentoring prefer to help troubled teens?
According to Ms Lily Chu they prefer to help youths by a more direct , effective means , through programmes like workshops in schools , face to face counselling and home visits .
2) Have you confided in your friends or family members about the problems you face in school/ life? Why or why not?
Both I can say but lesser percentage of me going to my parents even I have problems I will tell my cousin first than rather straight and tell my parents unless the matter is too large I will have to tell my parents but if it is a small matter it will waste their time . While with friends I will tell my friends about my family problems but if it is too huge I would tell my cousin as she is in my family and will try to help me.

Have you been betrayed by your friends before? If yes, how? (You may change the names of the people involved for privacy)
Yes of course as in primary school there will be alot of betaraying of each other but primary school is for fun but in secondary if you betray a person you might regret as it may cause you being beatean up as children forgive each other but when they are teenagers they change .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home